Thursday, October 3, 2013

What Not to Wear

Ok, it's common sense, right?

But I have gotten into the habit of just going out into the yard without much thought to the shoes and clothes I am wearing.  We have done so much work in our back yard and one of the perks is that now we can go sit on the deck by the pond or by the pool without needing shoes.

However, visiting the coop or run barefoot would be a VERY bad idea for obvious reasons.  :)
And flip flops....well, not much better.  In my defense, I truly didn't even consider what shoes I had on when I went out to the run with a treat for the girls.  It seems like I have such busy days lately.  And when I do get a minute to run out for a visit I am so busy thinking that "I only have 5 minutes" that what I am wearing is the last thing on my mind.


I am so happy that the girls are becoming more familiar with me and that they don't scatter when I go out to see them.  However, I think they see me more as a treat than anything else.  And the only way they can tell if something is food or not is to give it a little peck.  OUCH!  Toes are pretty sensitive.  :)  (shorts is probably another item not to wear to the chicken coop.  Especially if you are planning to let the girls up on your lap to get a special treat.  They scratch up my legs alot as you can see in the picture.)

When I was making plans for getting backyard chickens I splurged a bit and bought a pair of special shoes for my visits to the coop and run.  My husband thought this was the silliest idea ever.  But I LOVE my Sloggers Rain and Garden Shoes!  They are super easy to slip on and off.  (now I want a pair of the boots too!)  And wearing them keeps my other shoes nice and clean.  After all, there is nothing worse than being half way through grocery shopping only to realize you have a huge chunk of chicken stuff on the bottom of your shoes!! 


My sloggers.  They are definitely on the list of "What TO Wear".

Hopefully you got a smile or two from today's post.  We can always use a few smiles, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment