Saturday, October 12, 2013

The simple things - The sounds of chickens eating

I think there is just something about chickens.  Somehow the chickens help me slow down for a minute and enjoy the beauty around me. 
 Maybe it is just that the chores need to be done early in the morning and late in the evening.  So I find myself outside when the world around me is just beginning to wake to a brand new day and again when everything is settling in for the night.
I find myself enjoying just the simple things.  Things I never even thought about before.  One of my favorite simple things this week was the sound of the chickens eating the grass first thing in the morning.  Weird right?  But trust me, if you haven't had the opportunity to just sit and listen to the chickens eating grass I think you are missing out.  The chickens "chomp down" on the blades of grass and then break off the bites creating a sort of grass tearing noise.  And when a flock is all busy grazing at the grass together it really is mesmerizing.  Since I am such a stickler for table manners the fact that I am really enjoying hearing the chickens eating is pretty funny.  (shh..don't tell my children ;)  )


Gwhen is sure she is missing out on SOMETHING!  It is certainly true that what one chicken is doing the rest will do too!

I challenge you to stop and enjoy the simple things.  There are so many amazingly beautiful things in the world around us that we miss out on each day in the hustle and bustle to get from one thing to another.  As always I would love to hear about your favorite simple things of the week.  And Facebook is always a great place to share pictures with me. :) 
I have lots more beautiful "simple things" to share with you.  I hope you will enjoy each one as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment