Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Mornings

Lately it seems like we just never get a moment to sit and relax.  Maybe that is because we are always thinking of new projects to do in and around the house.  And maybe it is because our youngest is very active and social.  We are either at volleyball, taking her to volleyball, or taking her to one of the jillion other activities she has.  Someday I know I will miss it, so I try to enjoy every minute.

When we do finally have a beautiful Sunday morning it is a very special treat.  And today was very beautiful.  We were able to sleep in a bit which is another treat.  And then we enjoyed a few minutes in the hot tub.  After that it was nice enough to enjoy a late breakfast on the deck.
aaaaah...it felt like a little piece of heaven!

The only thing that could have made this delicious french toast any better is if we had been able to use our own fresh eggs.  C'mon girls!  We are SO excited for your first eggs!!!!

My husband made the french toast using the homemade white bread I made on Friday.  

The birds were chirping, the sun was shining and warming the morning, and I frankly just never wanted it to end.

We even had an unexpected breakfast guest.  No...he didn't eat the rest of my yummy french toast.  I finished it before he visited.  But he didn't seem to mind and made himself at home with my leftover syrup.  

My husband thinks I am crazy, but I love the bees and wasps and honey bees.  "They sting!" he says.  Well, only if you bother them.  :)  This guy and about 50 of his friends were busy buzzing around the grape jelly feeder that I had out for the Orioles.  Well, until they decided to join us for breakfast.

I hope you had a wonderful and relaxed Sunday. 
Be sure to share pictures with us.  It is a bit easier to share pictures on Facebook so visit our page there too.  Our Hummingbird Hollow Facebook Page


No comments:

Post a Comment