Saturday, December 14, 2013

Caught in the act

Caught ya!  Doesn't Oprah look beautiful in the nest?
She skipped Friday but gave us our 2nd tiny egg today.  This one is just slightly larger than the first egg on Thursday.  My husband is already asking when we can make breakfast.  :)

All of my friends and family know that I am a list keeper.  Unfortunately my daughters have inherited this curse too.  So I am going to start off keeping a list of the eggs we get each day.  The list will include what type of eggs are collected.  I am not sure if this is a list I will continue permanently, but it seems like it might be an interesting list to refer back to.  You can find our list in the top tabs under "Egg Count".  In the future I may use the list as a way of letting neighbors and family of when I have extra eggs.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the eggs! My chickens started laying last summer and I am still thrilled every time I pluck a warm egg out of the nesting boxes. We have a Frenchie too!

    ReplyDelete