Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our first BLUE egg!

I had Easter Egger Chickens years ago when I had my first chicken house.  I loved them so much and couldn't imagine not having some in our new chicken house. 

If you are contemplating getting your first chickens or if you are thinking of adding a new breed to your hen house, I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful breed.  They are wonderful girls with tons of personality.  They are cold hardy because of their rose combs.  And they are very easy going and gentle.  If you enjoy naming your chickens this is a great breed because all of the chickens are just a little different in appearance.

So, you can imagine my joy in finding this beauty in the nest box today!
The photo doesn't come close to capturing the beautiful blue of this egg.  It is shown here with one of our Cuckoo Marans eggs.

Sophia's comb has sure changed in the last 7 - 10 days so I was trying to patiently wait for our first blue egg.  I just LOVE the beautiful eggs in my Grandma's bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment